Monday, November 17, 2008

Juan's Wow: Passion, expressiveness and the Murcielago

For me, those designs with which i feel expressiveness and passion from the author are the ones that make me say "WOW". To be allowed to give some personal touch to the design is hard sometimes. Specially, when we are covered by the same "umbrella" of scientific methods. Sometimes, i miss my bachelor because in the design process i could give more from my "passion" (as designer from arts) to my works. In spite os that, i have been able to do so in Delft, but now i feel more restricted. However, if we are smart, we can make both things and that fine-subtle line between "passion" and method would be mixed.

Anyway, the last design that made me say WOW was not a "design". It is not a product, it is not tangible. One day, i was riding my bike and i found these guys drawing the graffitis under the bridge. I stopped and i started to watch them. I could feel their passion in their designs. A graffiti is a cultural-personal-circumstantial design that they are free to communicate. They have their own methods and their own rules. A graffiti last some weeks before someone else draw something different on it. You pass by and you can get what the designer was feeling in that moment.

If i thing in a product, i would say: cars; and Lamborghini is one of them. Those cars are expression itself. Let's say Murcielago. It is an expression of speed but also the synthesis of a murcielago!. You can read that when you see it, i can not imagine if you drive it!.

Well, i think this is what came out my mind now.

No comments: